A Few Tips for the Teacher and Accompanying Adults
Continue to the teacher's checklist.
- The light switch is hidden in the exterior doorjamb inside the cloakroom. Use the lights only if it is too dark to see without them.
- The thermostat is hidden behind the north door to the classroom. Adjust it for comfort, then return it to a lower setting before leaving the building.
- Also behind the north door to the classroom are the first-aid kit, paper towels, broom and dust pan.
- The fire extinguisher is behind the south door to the classroom.
- An adult may open the windows and install the screens. Be sure to close and re-lock the windows before leaving.
- Be very careful with the doors to the bookshelves. Only an adult should open or close them.
- The wood-burning stove is non-operational. Do not attempt to build a fire in it under any circumstances!
- All outdoor play must be supervised. Keep children inside the fenced area, but off of the fence, rocks, cellar doors, etc.
- Should you and the children leave the building grounds for part of the day, lock the door and take the key with you.
- Dial 911 on your cell phone in case of emergency.
Return to the introduction.