What to Bring to Pioneer Sholes School
For an all day teacher-led trip each participant should bring:
Each visiting teacher should also bring:
- Out door clothing appropriate for the weather. (Period costumes are optional.)
- A sack lunch with foods appropriate for the date represented.
- A bottle of drinking water to be consumed with lunch. (No milk!)
- A pencil. (No ballpoint pens or markers!)
- The copybook or notebook paper.
Pioneer Sholes School and LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve Provide:
- Additional drinking water (one or two gallons) and paper cups.
- Baby wipes for cleaning hands.
- Garbage bags for trash removal.
- A cell phone for use in case of emergency.
- Lesson plans, etc. (Craft supplies and playground equipment are optional.)
- Use of the school grounds, building, and privies.
- Facsimile textbooks, slates and slate pencils.
- Appropriate seating for twenty-four children and three adults.
- Toilet paper for the privies.
- A fire extinguisher.
- A fist aid kit
- Broom & dustpan.
- Free Pioneer Sholes School buttons for all visiting children.
- Brochures and other free literature for distribution as the teacher sees fit.
- A guest book for all visitors to sign.
There is no snow removal service in the winter. Plan accordingly!
Continue to the list of school rules.
Return to the introduction.